Monday, November 20, 2006

11-6-06 My Weekend was Insane how was yours?

My oldest slept over his friends house from Friday until Sunday. Sounds great right? I mean seperating the two boys for the weekend should be great but nooooo there’s a catch. See when he is gone for the weekend that means he doesn’t take his medication so when he comes home he is literally bouncing off the walls. Then my youngest had his friend sleep over here on Friday, they were up making Halloween candy experiments and bouncing off the walls in their own rights until around 4 am. Then we were off to my sister-in-laws because it was her birthday. Sigh, needless to say with Charles not on his meds he was ……. cocky….after two slips of the mouth he and his uncle got into it. It was not pretty.
I had 5 kits I wanted to complete plus 4 other projects, this Blog, two 3d renders and about a million things in the house. I think I was able to complete three things. I did get a sketch challenge completed for DigiScrapCentral, and I got a button banner done for them as well for my blog, hope you can see it. I really love it there. I am almost done with my Blog banner, and managed to make some textures and elements. I like to do an element and all of it’s variations in one shot. I may still need something different later but at least, for the most part, the elements are ready to go. I still have a mountain of photo’s to scan and my niece is supposed to be e-mailing me pics from when she, her boyfriend and my other niece went to Disney. I have photos to take of my antique books which were my grandfather’s. One of them is a Bible from around 1890. It’s absolutely beautiful and will be useful with the antique page I want to create. also I have started on a Vintage kit for my Mother who passed away in 1995. She was born in February so her birthstone was the amethyst and she loved silver so the kit, of course will be primarily purple and silver tones. I have also started another kit for Popi. He loves fishing so I am building a kit geared toward that.
Well, we finally got Charles up so I can get going with his schoolwork. Late day today, he was drained from last night and the whole weekend. He sleeps like a brick wall anyway. I know, usually it is sleeps like a log, nevermind the log, he sleeps like a brick wall LOL. It took over three hours to get him up and he just took his medication. So at 12:00 we will start his English class and I have to teach him about poetry. Haiku, rhyme and verse, iambic pentameters etc. I can hear his response already but oh well. I am teaching it to him with music lol. And not that cheesy stuff either. I have taken a bunch of rap songs that he likes and am going to have him pick out the different types of poetry within the songs. Gotta be creative when you teach lol. Kids these days don’t want to learn the way we did and some of them can’t so you have to adapt and teach it to them the way they can understand it. Poetry is still poetry.
Well, that’s the way I saw it.
T

No comments: