Monday, August 27, 2007

Geesh what a weekend lol

So yes, John cut his knee open while riding his bike on the first day of school and got 8 stitches. There were also Dr appointments, grocery shopping, the doing of laundry without a dryer still, last minute shopping for school, changing our schedules to accommodate taking John to and from school for the next two weeks because he is on crutches and can't ride his bike until he gets the stitches out, Charles got into a fight on the way to school to walk his girlfriend home because some creep tried stealing his bike, could it have gotten anymore insane? Of course it could. It always can and with Murphy setting up shop here in our house, it ALWAYS does. It was SUPPOSED to be payday for Alex but their payroll company screwed up and now they won't get paid until Monday. Did I mention that Wednesday is John's 11th birthday and that we were going to get his gift this weekend? After leaving the house for the 3rd time on Friday - this time to get Alex - I had to wait for around 1/2 an hour because he was stuck working still -- there went more of my time at home. Of which I told him "They don't pay you enough to not pay you and make you work late" Plus there was traffic galore and every moron was out on the road Friday acting like it was New Years Eve and they couldn't wait to start pounding them down.

We finally manage to get home and there is an envelope outside of our door - on the ground. I knew what it was when I saw it, I've been saying that it was coming but no one believed me until I had that stupid envelope in my hand. After 7 years of living here, the leasing office has decided that they will NOT be renewing our lease this year and we must vacate by November. The only reason stated was that they were exercising their option to not renew. I know why they are really doing it though. We have one of the last apartments here which has not been upgraded to tile and other little goodies and it's also a top floor corner unit which means it is worth more money. So we are only paying a portion of what they could be getting for this apartment. I asked for a new stove - they don't even have the burner bibs for this model anymore - and I was told, well if you move into one of the other apartments you can have everything new. I said no, the next time we move it will be for good and I am not paying more and changing my address to move 1 block away in the same complex. I asked for the rugs to be changed which they are supposed to do once you are here 5 years and was told - yep the same thing. I am not moving I told her. So, apparently this is her way of saying "Yes you are moving" Then they want me to clean the place and paint etc whatever when we move - NOT HAPPENING. I was told by the previous manager that I wouldn't have to worry about any of that because they are pretty much going to gut the place and repaint etc. So, we have 2 months not only to find someplace else to live but to get up the $3,000 or so to do it with.

So that was enough to make my weekend right? Pffffftttt, apparently not. Charles wakes up Saturday morning looking and feeling like something the cat drug in. He's got a fever of like 101 and keeps hacking. Ok fine, give him some medicine BUT the boy can't swallow a pill. ARGH He has never been able to take pills. Thankfully he takes an Advil and actually is eventually able to swallow it because it's like an M&M. I try giving him an Advil Cold and Sinus at bedtime but they are caplets and he gags trying to take it, it wasn't pretty. Sooooo today Alex goes to CVS and gets the chewable Tylenol of which Charles has to take 4 because of his age and weight. Lo and behold, we wonder where John is because we don't hear him or see him. He's in his bed OUT COLD. Wow, ok so maybe he is just worn out from all the excitement this week between school and all the running around and stitches etc. Uhhhh yeah........NO. He gets up about an hour later with a headache and, yep you guessed it, a fever of 101. I don't send my kids to school the day after a fever, so he will not be going to school tomorrow and he is not happy. He finally has two teachers he likes and is enjoying school again. Besides my kids almost never miss school, they have great attendance records. They also rarely get sick, but like I said Murphy is here just spreading his wonderful law all over the place. And here I sit typing this all out, doubting anyone will even want to be bothered reading it. Oh, did I mention....... I have a fever?

How was your weekend?

11 comments:

Lois B said...

I really am so sorry to hear of all your troubles this weekend. Sometimes life does deal us a bit much a one time.

My prayers are with you and hopefully you will find a new wonderful place to call home.

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

Boy when it rains it pours!
Will put you all in my prayers!!!!

Anonymous said...

A catalogue of disaster this certainly is and I did read what happened and felt for you. My kids have all left home now but that doesn't mean I don't get called in all the time to look after poorly grandchildren whilst parents attend appointments or run around doing errands so I know how you feel when you get no time - and then that ..... letter! They have a nerve and no ethics! I hope the children are over the worst and you did not get whatever it is too badly. Not much I can do to help from here except to say I really really sympathise with everything happening all at once (why does it do that!) and hope that the new apartment is so much better than the old that in the end you are glad you had to move. Hugs and love from England - Pat

Beachnut said...

What no one will be bothered to read this???? Are you kidding I can't wait to read your posts.
As to rental managers..no comment..they are all the same. you know what I'm hoping happens so I won't comment more.
I really am sorry about Murphy moving in though give him the place with love and tell him to stay behind when you leave.
I really feel bad that all of you are sick, now that isn't pleasant at all. Seems you were all at the same place at the same time though...probably the hospital. I hope Alex manages to avoid it and lets Murphy have his share. He has enough worries with his employer.
Saying prayers for all of you in TN. that all works out well for you all and real soon.

ApriltheScrapaholic said...

Well, there are a few of us that read your blog. I am so sorry that your family is sick and I take it that you are sick too. Hope you guys get well soon. That really stinks about your apt. Sounds alot like our landlord. They won't replace anything either. Hopefully, you can find a place much better. Good luck to you and yours and I hope it all get much MUCH better for you.

Anonymous said...

You poor thing. I feel so bad for you all. Hope Murphy takes a hike and leaves you all alone. Anyway, hope you all feel better real soon. Lots of hugs (and hot chocolate).
Kay

Unknown said...

Yup, read every word and yup Murphy is a nice guy as long as he stays away...LOL
I feel with you and your troubles, but Im sure you will laugh at it when everything is up to "normal" again.

Hugs
Carola

Anonymous said...

Geez, sounds like you have had a wonderful weekend.... NOT!!! I'm sry to hear that you have had so much to deal with, first stitches with John, Charles getting into a fight, some kids trying to take his bike, (dirt bag!!!) and now this from your lease office. When it rains it pours, huh? Yuck, and to have to move in November, been there and done that!! Talk about a great x-mas present, LMBO! There were boxes everywhere on X-mas. In fact, there's still some boxes, that I've never unpacked, LOL. It's been almost a year too. Yikes!! Well I hope things get better, and good luck house hunting! :) I hope you all get to feeling better quickly! I hate being sick!!
Hugs,(just don't breathe on me);)
Angel

Pillowgirl said...

It seems that Murphy has the hots for you.

Maybe you should try not being so attractive or something. Get some frumpy ugly clothes, a pair of dark sunglasses and go into "incognito" so Murphy doesn't recognize you anymore.

I hope that as things seem to all be uphill right now... you will get to the top and have a nice long ride down easy street on the other side.

ida macken said...

My weekend was definately better than yours and I sure hope this weekend coming up is ALOT happier time for you ! I have had my share of weekends, lol....and weeks with raising 4 kids who are grown now, so I truly sympathize ! Hang in there - sending lots of Happy thoughts your way ! {{{hugs}}}
;-))

Anonymous said...

I hope you find a fantastic place to live that will cheer you up. And hopefully, like someone else said, let Murphy stay behind! Behind every dark cloud there IS a silver lining. I hope it finds you or you find it. Hugs!!