Friday, January 18, 2008

Good Friday Morning

to you and yours. I am still not awake even though it is 7:17 am but I insist on sitting at the computer within 10 minutes of the boys leaving for school. This has been such a busy week - again lol. There are a million things you need to do when you move out of state that I hadn't even thought about. Little things like changing Health Immunization records over to your new state. You have to go and bring them your copies from wherever you were so that they can transfer the information over to a sheet with their name and logo on it. Personally I think it would be easier to just stamp the info and leave it at that but I guess not. I mean it's not even like they verified the information - which is really scary. You always think about the bigger things like school records, car registrations, insurance, putting in an address change for your credit cards and other accounts, getting new bank accounts etc, but the really little things.... you don't think about them. So anyway we have been taking care of all of those things this week in addition to the normal, everyday chores. I wouldn't mind it so much except that it's cold out there lmbo. It's been between 22 and 35 most of this week and even snowed the other night to the point that there was still snow outside the next morning.... for a little while anyway lol. I haven't adapted to the cold yet yet I must fight with the boys to get them to put jackets on - forget coats - it's not happening. Luckily they at least wear layers. A long sleeved thermal shirt with a t-shirt under it is apparently sufficient to get them from our font door to the bus. They will put one on if we are going out after 5 because it's almost dark by then and they have learned that it's bitter cold at that time but even then it's usually just a sweatsuit jacket. As for me, I try the layers but it doesn't work very well, I need a few sweatshirts and turtlenecks to alternate so I have layers. My heaviest coat I own is just a regular leather jacket and there are no buttons soooooo it doesn't help much lol. I freeze if it's under 75 lol. I like it when it's around 40 as long as there is no rain or wind and I am dressed for it but I freeze easily always did. Even when I was in New York and worked in Manhattan I froze but hey I can't help it, that's the way I am. I wouldn't trade living here. The boys like it so much better, their grades are better they have a ton of friends (thank God it's not like the old days where you had to pay for each minute you were on the phone cause ours rings from 6:30 am till around 10 at night lol) the air is crisp and smells wonderful, we can drink ice cold water right out of the tap, there are a ton of critters and the people are so nice. I think I have met only 2 people that weren't the whole time we have been here. It's awesome! Where else can you see a beautiful sunset like this?






Not too bad considering I used my phone for these shots lol. Again the camera was home and I really wanted these shots.

It's a little backwards from what I am used to, tax on food is just really annoying lol, things that were cheap are now expensive and vice versa. I think the only things that are the same are the price of a movie and gas. I am seriously considering giving up smoking - too darn expensive here lol and I am just getting tired of it. But I have quit before and gone back so who knows?

Well, that's it from me for now. I will be back later with my sales and the latest news from Divine Digital, Moo Two and Stone Accents Studio. Until then, have a great day!!

1 comment:

Beachnut said...

well that was weird I was typing away and it went poof so don't know if it went to comments or not. What I was trying to say was love the new look of the blog.
Only mnet two people here you didn't like lol me and Jim? Ah just wait till Spring you'll have that nice country smell. Me I love the smell of fresh mowed hay. TG I'm not allergic to it. Later