Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I know it's horrible......

but I just can't help myself. I cannot pass up a chance to show off the STUPIDITY of monopolies, especially this monopoly. This was in my e-mail from FPL. Take a minute to read it then realize that FPL is the ELECTRIC COMPANY:


Messages

When the lights go out, seconds count! Get faster service by making sure FPL has your phone number and email address.


99% of people have cordless phones which means that there is NO WAY FPL can call them. Yeah sure there's a cell phone (maybe most of the elderly don't have them) but do you answer calls that come in from 800 numbers or numbers you don't recognize, do you get a signal everywhere you are? 99% of people use computers which plug into the wall into an ELECTRICAL OUTLET, if there's no electric then there is no way to get your e-mail. Sure some people have laptops, alot of people even but for the general public, most have desktops. Unless you are planning on spending your time out at the closest electric enabled Starbucks or similar place of business, eagerly awaiting that ALL important e-mail from FPL...... well, you get the idea. Know what really kills me? These people make more money than I do and a ton of it comes from me. SIGH.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's your SIGN !

Duh!

Anonymous said...

I solved that issue by always keeping an old land line connected to in my computer room. Cordless phones die and so does the internet but land line phones dont. My ex (see he wasnt so dumb after all) made sure we did that long ago when cordless phones were becoming popular.

Terrell said...

LOL seanymph that would be great except that I have Vonage which is a phone line through the internet ;) So for the thousands of us that have that, even my old style phone isn't going to help lol. I do have an old phone though from before we got internet phone service ;)

Anonymous said...

We keep a regular phone hooked up also. We never know when we will have a brown out or power outage here in the woods.